Mission

I'm going to Cherepovets, Russia this summer to teach English with TeachOverseas.org! Join me in mission with prayer and support!



Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reading Up

Something that one of my friends asked me the other day is if I had been reading up on Russia to prepare for my trip. I realized that I hadn't AND that that would be an important way of preparing my heart and mind before I go. So........I want to make a reading list of 'goal' books to read before July 19th when I leave! So...here goes. The top picks are (not in any particular order):

1. From Nyet to Da: Understanding the Russians by Yale Richmond (Reccommended by Teach Overseas)

2. More than a Native Speaker: An Introduction to Volunteers Teaching Abroad by Don Snow (Reccommended by Teach Overseas)

3. Orthodoxy and Difference: Essays on the Geography of Russian Orthodox Churches in the 20th Century by D. Sidorov

4. Russian Society and the Orthodox Church: Religion in Russia after Communism by Zoe Katrina Knox

5. Of course multiple travel and history books :D


I'll be looking for some more too! I'm so pumped! It will be good to read and get into the mindset of what I may experience.

I'm thankful for the advice of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment