Mission

I'm going to Cherepovets, Russia this summer to teach English with TeachOverseas.org! Join me in mission with prayer and support!



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Time is flying...

It's less than 3 weeks now before I leave for training in California and it is so hard to believe. I know that I will be prepared in every way that I need to be ONLY because God is prepared and will take care of everything I need. (There is no need to sweat the small stuff!)
Of course my mind is racing with all kinds of questions including "Will I be good enough?", "Will I like it as much as I think I will?", "What will I REALLY learn from all of this?", and "How hard is this going to be?" I know that it's okay for me to have questions that I am waiting for answers to. All I know is that God has opened the door for me to spend my summer in Russia with a team of teachers because he has good things for me there that are part of His plan for my life.
If you had told me 6 months ago...which would have been December...what I would be doing this summer, I probably would have answered that I would be working part-time at Flowerama and part-time at another job to earn money for my semester of student-teaching in the fall. If you had asked me a year ago what I would have been doing...last June...I probably would have given the same answer. If you would have asked me two years ago, the answer still would have been the same. The year before that, I would have answered that I didn't know, but that I would probably be in grad school somewhere becoming a counselor.
This opportunity is REAL. I am actually going to Russia in a matter of weeks and it has all happened in a matter of a few months time. God is good and works in amazing and mysterious ways. I am so thankful and in awe of the mystery of living life dependent on the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment