Mission

I'm going to Cherepovets, Russia this summer to teach English with TeachOverseas.org! Join me in mission with prayer and support!



Monday, June 6, 2011

Where I will be Teaching!!!!





I will be in Cherepovets this summer, which is between Moscow and St. Petersburg. It's a town of about 300,000 people, so I'm sure there will be plenty to see and do during our free time.


My team will be working at a place called the Yantar (Amber) youth camp. It is a place where kids with health problems can come for treatment and to have fun during the day. There are sports, drama, music, art and other activities for the kids to participate in. I'm sure my team will be doing all of those things as well as practicing English with all of the kids and becoming their new American friends :) Here is the translated link to the site's website. It is in babblefish, so some of the wording is funny, but you at least get the main idea.


http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-res&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fyantarplus.my1.ru%2F&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate


I'm really getting excited for this! My team has been emailing back and forth now trying to figure out everything that we want to bring and prepare. More updates to come!


In Joy,


Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment